This article posted on Seeking Alpha discusses Beyond Meat going public and the contributing factors towards our changing food system.
- The coming IPO of Beyond Meat is a signal of the plant-based food revolution and a large-scale disruption of the food industry.
- The US is late as the vegan movement is racing ahead in Germany, UK, and Israel, but we’re catching up.
- Sorting out fact from fiction is highly necessary, and suffers from mixed objectives and active obfuscation of nutritional data.
- The Triple Bottom Line is the mythical objective of ESG investing: Environmental, Social, Governance, but in practice often conspicuously absent.
- The Plant-based food revolution offers its own triple bottom line: solving our problems with Environment, Healthcare and World hunger, though it comes with equally massive opportunities for obfuscation.